What should you be looking for in a quality landscaping contractor?
Designing and landscaping your garden can take up a lot of your time and effort, especially if you are thinking about a large-scale project that includes various types of materials, features and structures.
It is advisable to prepare well for such endeavours and find the right contractor. Someone that will help with the design process, suggest the best solutions and carry out the work for you.
Here are some tips for choosing the right landscaping contractor
1. Do your own research about local landscaping companies in your area.
- How long has the company been running, has it won any awards?
- Do they have examples of their work, or can they bring a portfolio of their work to the first consultation?
- Check social media accounts for comments or testimonials from previous clients.
- Check the range of services offered by the business, to make sure they can carry out or manage the project from start to finish.
- Check if the potential business is bonded and insured.
- Check if guarantees are offered.
- Check if they use subcontractors, and if so, how they control the quality of their work.
- Check their website for Frequently Asked Questions for more ideas.
2. You can ask your family and friends for recommendations. Feedback and opinions of people you trust can be very valuable, especially if you can see the completed work.
3. Arrange a consultation with at least 3 potential contractors. During the meeting make sure you have a chance to ask questions and speak about your priorities. A competent consultant/landscaper should listen to your comments, ask questions, and discuss any issues to build a complete picture of what you are hoping to achieve.
4. If you are looking for a landscaping contractor, who you want to design and build your garden, we would strongly suggest that you have a clear idea in your mind about how you would like to use your garden and what is your main purpose of the design. This will help you during the first consultation meeting. A competent consultant/landscaper will be able to build around that and suggest specific solutions and materials to help you achieve your vision.
We have over 13 years of experience in providing the best quality design and landscaping work in the area. You can also check the portfolio of our recent projects on our website and social media platforms.